Wednesday, April 26, 2017

PsPad and WinCC OA

Years have passed since my last entry related to WinCC OA ... or anything else for that matter.
In the mean-time WinCC OA received some incremental updates with new features and fixes, making it more pleasant to use.
Some of its newer scripting features include some object oriented support. And future scripting enhancements seem imminent, due to the reserved keywords.

My trusty PsPad editor is still with me and I still use it to write WinCC OA code.
In the mean-time, I joined the dark side and started preferring darker themed editors for writing code.
PsPad adjusted_darkness theme




I also ran across the Artistic Style (AStyle) program, which is a small and nice styler for C/C++ code. Sure, it can be used for other programming languages, such as Java and C#, but you have many integrated alternatives for those.
CodeMaid may help a little with C++ code, but I wasn't completely satisfied with it.

AStyle however can be used with C-like code, and the WinCC OA Ctrl language fits that definition.
And it's MIT licensed, which is always a good thing. This means that integrations with open/free editors such as PsPad should be easy to come by.
And there is this one on the official extensions site.

So many changes; I definitely had to update my work environment to make use of these nice features.
Therefore, this: https://github.com/dezGusty/pspad-customization

No comments:

Post a Comment